Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Farewell Colombia

    October 7, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Sitting on a fortification that is 500 years old that protected this city against countless attacks by French, English, Portuguese invaders while sipping a sangria and watching the sun go down over the Carribbean sea, seems a little surreal. Our last night in Cartagena, and our last night in Colombia.

    We're so happy to have come and experienced this place. We got to enjoy travelling along the northern coastline and experiencing the difference of it compared to the rest of our holiday. But the humidity and heat also made us ready to leave. There was still so much to explore here with more time.

    But while we were ready to leave Cartagena, we were not ready to leave Colombia. We both honestly fell in love with this country in the short time we were here. We couldn't say that about any other that we visited, but in fairness it was the country we spent the most time in too. And so glad we did.

    I feel guilty for perpetuating the stigma that has been attached to the country for the last 30 years. They, as a country, have moved on and so should the rest of us. Every region is unique and beautiful in its own ways, and there was so much more we would have loved to see.

    Viva Colombia y Salud!
    Read more