Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Quito Walk and Dinner

    October 9, 2023 in Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    No rest for the wicked, it to explore just a little bit of this city. We were meant to do a bigger city tour... But I ran out of money and the payment declined. Thankfully our planning we've done over the last 6 months have us our own self guided walk around to the different plazas and street art.

    We also headed into Yumbos Chocolate, because it's Ecuador the home of cocoa. Latest findings show that the bean was used in Ecuador long before Mesoamerica. Here I knew they had a free chocolate presentation. I was expecting a small tv and DVD playing a video about the history of chocolate. But I've what it was ended up being a private chocolate tasting and explanation. 6 or 7 different chocolates for "free". We felt obligated to buy some bars ofcourse, but it was so convenient because while we were enjoying that, it absolutely poured down with rain outside.

    We continued around for a bit, dodging the rain as best as possible, until we got to our restaurant that was conveniently on the corner to our hotel. Leña Quiteña.
    Here we tried to be adventurous and get things we've never had or heard of before.
    The white beans with the choizo, not good. The different white beans with the pork belly, not good. The brownish brand, not good. The white milky looking drink, Chicha, not good. Guinea Pig though, delicious.
    Read more