Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Universal Studios - Halloween Horror

    October 18, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    Halloween is a two month event at Universal and my goodness so much effort and organisation goes into running this park during the day and then switching it over to this incredible Halloween spectacle at night. With what must be hundreds of performers throughout the park making it come to life.

    Wandering around the street are dressed up ghouls and creatures with a single purpose to frighten you as you walk down the dark streets filled with bursting flames and lasers.

    Then through the park there is like a dozen Halloween mazes that you walk through for jump scares. Disorientated on purpose as you walk through pushing the dividers open only to be greeted with something popping from the wall with a loud crash or scream. We only managed to get through every maze with another VIP experience, aptly named the RIP experience. Which we were taken by a guide and shuttled on a cart to each of the locations where we immediate skipped all the queue and went straight in. Without that, I saw the waiting times on some of these were 90 minutes. Which for a 5 minute maze, would be very disappointing.

    At the end of the night, we went back to where the Waterworld event was on and they did another spectacular show. The explosions and lasers being enhanced by the darkness. This time we stayed out of the wet zone though, still seeing from 5 hours earlier.

    With so much going on so quickly it was difficult to capture pictures. But this was an incredible way to experience Halloween in USA and we had so much fun doing it.
    Read more