Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    travel to Casa Galavanta

    January 21, 2020 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Today we left the One Love reserve (Santa Marta) and traveled to Casa Galavanta (Santa Marta). The road up the mountain was very windy and very very bumpy but when we got to the top it was so beautiful!! Casa Galavanta is a 4 bedroom house at the very top of the mountain and is often above the cloudline! Its positioned to be able to see the entire Santa Marta town. When we arrived the clouds make it feel like we were wrapped in cotton wool, but near sunset the clouds melted away and we could see the sunset and the valley behind. Now it is evening the big town of Santa Marta is twinkling like fairy lights, just like Medellin did when I arrived.

    There is a very cute puppy called America because they found her in a car park called America and she is so friendly and loves cuddles!! Our host is a nice man called Daniel and my dad, Daniel, America and I went on a long walk through the mountains! In their grounds they grow and make Coffee! They grow the bean, dry it, unwrap the outer layer and grind it into coffee! So cool!! ☕️ When we got back, my mum, my dad, daniel and I played Banana grams and some card games.
    Read more