Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Rain rain rain!

    November 25, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    What a difference a day makes! It was raining pretty heavily as we woke up. The electricity was being turned off at 8am so we managed to get a good coffee in before that happened. We have been using the Aldi coffee machine since we got the van. It has been pretty reliable, and it is nice having capsule coffee first thing in the morning.
    We walked into town for more coffee after breakfast. Tumby Bay is covered in murals and some if not all are really impressive! Ian walked round to the museum again, and Pat Carr (the volunteer) had done some more research for him. He came out with more bits of paper under his arm but no school photograph of his mum...the book was missing.
    Poor Frankie, he never did manage to get into the water here. We drove out to Port Neil this afternoon. It was beautiful, very remote, with two caravans among the sand dunes, braving the could and wind gusts!
    It is quite stormy here too today, but at least the rain stopped! We had a last glass of wine at the pub and then meatballs from the local butcher for tea. (He prepares the meat and sells it though the IGA across the road). I took a couple of selfie photographs at the pub....different and unexpected!!
    Caroline from Paradise called round with her training lead for Sparky. I gave her my email address.
    Read more