Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Bowman park Crystal Brook

    December 6, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Our last stop, the beautiful serene Bowman Park. It has been two years since our last visit, and the volunteers who manage this park, have added a childrens play area. The peacocks still roam the grounds Barking there presence to all visitors and the community use the large green oval to practice Thai Chi on Monday evenings. Jeff and Louise had already arrived!!
    We first met Jeff and Louise at Sheringa Beach on the hottest day of our holiday. The wind was blowing a gale and we could only sit it out and await the predicted change. Jeff was a retired teacher, who had worked in Port Kenny in his early career. Know retired, his interest was in photography and talking!!! He especially liked taking photographs of sand dunes. His wife, Louise was a pilate instructor and with Jeff as her photographer, and produced several videos on the subject. We next met them as they pulled beside us in Elliston, then Venus Bay, Tumby and now Bowman Park (which Ian had inadvertently told them about).
    On setting up camp, our power from the batteries would not work so we were unable to pump water from the tanks for washing dishes, or flushing toilets. Ian was also very sore from his nerve pain in his neck/ shoulder.
    We had bought some lovely lamb chops from the butcher in town, which proved to salve some of the discomfort from having to share our lovely camp, and not having water
    Read more