Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Bowman Park Crystal Brook

    July 30, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Penultimate day prior to getting home. Ian is still feeling pretty ordinary with his cold. Frankie is wooing the ladies parked beside us at Spuds, and I am ready to get home and pack for Northern Ireland.
    Our destination today is Crystal Brook - or rather Bowman Park...a free camp about 5km outside of town.
    When we arrived, there were 3 other caravans, and dozens of cars. There was a 60th birthday in the the hall - hence the number of cars. This is just the loveliest of areas to stay. Over the years of coming here, the park has improved no end. There is a native walled garden, A childrens park made from carved wood...Castles, a moat, toy wooden kitchen, carved lizards, two headed serpants. All carved from local wood. I took Frankie for a wander to look for fire wood, and he fell through the wooden draw bridge!
    We all took the path through the woodland and walked around the park for the first time, and it is such a great place. We saw a walkers hut and realised that Bowman Park is on the Heysen Trail. Two peacocks are resident campers... but they wouldn't come near us because of Frankie. Tonight we had a great fire, and a good nights sleep.
    Read more