Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Sioux City day trip

    June 9, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Today I woke up early, helped Stacy get the kiddos brekky and ready for a day out. We all piled in the car and headed to Sioux City. It was about a 90 minute drive, the boys watched a DVD in the car and poor Alora screamed for a solid 20 minutes. She eventually calmed down for the last part of the journey. We got out of the car and it was raining, which supposedly is a rarity here so I must have brought it from home and Colorado. We ran into Launchpad which is like an educational children's indoor play centre. Inside there were places to pretend to be police officers, bankers, builders, doctors, chefs, actors, farmers, shoppers and other activities around science and just having fun. All the adults rotated between the 3 boys which was hectic but fun. It was so nice watching the boys do things they initially weren't confident in, especially around climbing things at a height. We spent about 2 hours there, then went to eat Chinese food. I got orange chicken and the boys did so well at being patient and polite. We then stopped at Palmer's chocolate factory for some treats.
    The whole car, except wells and I fell asleep on the way home. When we got home, I played with the boys some more and we had pizza for dinner.
    Walker lay on the couch with me, which David and Stacy said is unusual for him. He clung to me like a koala which was so lovely. Now we are watching the NBA playoff game #letsgonuggs
    Read more