Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Sunday Funday

    June 11, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Today I woke up and Stacy made waffles which were so good. The boys played for a while and Wells showed me videos of different fireworks he is considering buying for the 4th of July. Literally 2 hours of watching and learning about fireworks, listening to the funny names which make them more appealing to the American market - between party bus, freedom flyers, wild wild willows and more it was crazy. We ate lunch and went to the fireworks shop. Entering the fireworks shop was a whole new world. There was stuff everywhere from small to big. Literally unicorns, tanks, turrets, boxes shaped like pizza, taco trucks anything and everything. We scoped out fireworks available this year and the owners told wells about the fireworks "off the shelf" which they aren't fully sure they are allowed to sell. We went home with a sword shaped sparkler and a small hamburger shaped box of fireworks.
    At home, Hudson practiced for t-ball while I sat outside and got some sun. I tried a twin Bing which is a classic chocolate bar in Iowa. It was like a chocolate, peanuts and cherry which was actually quite nice. Then it was time to go to t-ball which was a home game so just down the road. We sat and enjoyed the home crowd, I got all the tea from Wells about the locals while Stacy coached Hudson's team. They range from 4-7, so the kiddos were all at different levels. Hudson played awesome though and Kai had fun playing with some friends from school. We came home, had dinner and are now just chilling.
    Read more