Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62

    Floating along in Basel

    July 21, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Today we woke up, packed up our stuff and headed for a coffee at the much talked about Olives for a morning coffee. Olives was this small but cute little cafe that Liisa found and seems to be the biggest fan of. I enjoyed the coffee but Liisa and Kate later revealed they werent the biggest fans.
    We then drove to Basel to meet Giulia! The drive was fine but the city driving and finding parking was a nightmare. We made it after some stressful moments for ol Georgia and then we walked to Giuls house. It was so great to see her! Her apartment was so nice and spacious. She had made brunch for us and we all sat and chatted. Next we walked through the town, seeing all the nice buildings and headed along the river. We then packed all our stuff into a wet bag and jumped into the Rhine. We floated along for about 30 minutes which is something the locals regularly do. It was so cool to see the town by water and the temperature was actually so nice.
    We dried off, then got a gelato which was delicious. We all walked back to Giuls house, then I stayed with Giuls while the others headed to check in and explore. Giuls and I caught up some more, watched some trash tv and she cooked dinner for me. It was a lovely chill afternoon. Then I got back to the apartment and played bananagrams with the girls. It sounded like they had a great day too!
    Read more