Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 55

    Brussels Day 2- Bruges

    August 12, 2023 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Bruges! Last night I was talking to one of the girls that I am sharing a room with, and we decided that we’d go to Bruges today! Her name is Moniza and she’s solo travelling from New York! So we started the day off with a waffle. It only felt appropriate to have a Belgian waffle in Belgium. Then, we walked to see the Royal Palace of Brussels which didn’t really look like much. Then, we caught our train ti Bruges which was only about an hour long. We walked into the main village which was so cute, medieval, quaint, and fairytale-esque!! It was adorable. Most of the buildings were in built with medieval style architecture and it was so cute! We did a lot of just wandering around, we went to the Market Square (the main square) and did lots of exploring. Then we found a theatre that we decided to tour. It was super cool, and showed the many ins and outs of theatre- props, lighting, the loges, and more! We got to go under the stage as well which was cool. After, we grabbed some poké at a cute restaurant which actually was quite delicious! After that, we stumbled upon a little outdoor market type thing and browsed the many goods. Then we walked around the O.L.V-kerk museum for a bit, and then walked very far out from the main town. We got into more residential areas which was more underwhelming, but we were just talking lots so it didn’t really matter. After we reoriented ourselves, we walked around the Minnewaterpark and the surrounding park areas which had lots of greenery. When we felt very tired, we decided that it was time to head back to Brussels. When we got back, we did a little refresh and then headed out to find some dinner. We went to some wok place that was actually an abomination to asian food. I got some beef noodle with sweet chili sauce but they DOUSED my noodles in sauce and did not hold back. It was way too much sauce and was unpleasant to eat. After that, we headed to the Grand Place to see what it looked like lit up at night- stunning btw. We sat on some chairs that we found and just chatted until it got late, then went back to the hostel. On the way back, I got some fries with aioli sauce- I didn’t know that Belgium is known for their fries!

    Also attached is a picture of um a pus bubble? Anyone know what this is? It’s flattened now (writing this 5 days later) but I was concerned for a bit.
    Read more