Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Uvita & Drake Bay

    May 22, 2021 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After Manuel Antonio we went to Uvita. A nice little place at the pacific coast of Costa Rica. We spent to nights in a very cute treehouse hostel. Most of the time we were relaxing and planing the upcoming days but we also did an exhausting hike to a view point for the „whale tail“, which is a kind of small island which looks like the tail of a whale when it’s low tide. After that we went to a small waterfall at a river with cristal clear and refreshing water.

    Our next destination has been Drake Bay. A place hard to get to, because it’s at the Osa Peninsula. We had to take the bus from Uvita to Sierpe where a taxi boat is leaving for Drake Bay twice a day.
    After an one hour boat trip we arrived in Drake Bay.
    A very lovely small village.
    We had a nice little bungalow with air condition, which was super nice because the humidity is quite painful 😅
    Drake Bay is also the Gate to Corcovado National Park. The place with the highest bio diversity in Costa Rica. So we made a guided day trip.
    A boat brought us in approximately 1h15min to Serena Ranger Station were we walked through the jungle to see animals and plants.
    We were quite successful. We saw all four species of monkeys who live in Costa Rica, a group of wild boars, macaws, coatis and a lot of different birds.
    On our way back we were accompanied by a pod of dolphins, which was awesome!
    The day after we did a 20km hike along the coast and shot some scenes with the drone.
    We enjoyed Drake Bay a lot and it was also our last stop at the pacific coast.
    Our next destination will be puerto viejo at the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica!
    Read more