Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Isla Holbox

    June 21, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Welcome to paradise.

    I’ve been in Holbox two years ago and I immediately felt in love with this little island.

    I was very excited to come back and especially to show Laura this paradise.
    I didn’t promise to much, she also loved it since the moment we arrived. At the day of our arrival we decided to extend our stay. Five nights instead of three.
    On our first evening we met Jessica and Kenneth again, the couple from Switzerland we had a dinner with in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. They brought a Dutch couple they met at there hotel pool, Jippe and Tom. We had a great evening together with good food, drinks and story’s.
    We booked a kayak tour to the mangroves for the next day. To avoid the hot temperatures and to see the sunset we met our guide at 6am.
    It was just us two and Gustavo the guide. He showed us in more than three hours the canal system of the mangroves. We saw a lot of different birds, a crocodile, flamingos and sting and eagle rays.
    We had again dinner with Tom and Jippe and because we got along so well with the Dutch guys, we almost spent our whole time in Holbox together. We did the escape room “pirates of holbox”, went to the quiz night of our hostel bar, rented some bikes, ate a lot of great food and watched the German Nationalteam playing against Hungary.
    In general we enjoyed Holbox so much and had a fantastic time there.
    Read more