Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 109

    Quito, Ecuador

    August 22, 2021 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    After our three weeks at the Galápagos Islands we enjoyed the good wifi at our hostel in Quito 😅 we sorted all the footage, uploaded it to the cloud and startet to edit videos. We have to say that we were a bit lazy the first days after all the action at the island. In total we’ve been there for six days. We were close to the centro historico where you can find dozens of old churches and buildings from the colonial time. We’ve been up with the teleferico to a viewpoint at over 4.000m height and visited the famous „mitad del mundo“ where the equator line passes the northern part of Quito.
    Once more we joined a free walking tour to get a insight of the city. It was perfectly balanced between politics, history, economy, architecture and social life of Quito.
    One of the highlights was definitely to go up to the towers of the basilica del voto nacional, where you have a fantastic 360 degree view of the city.

    For the next three weeks we decided do our first “Workaway” and work at the coast of Ecuador at puerto cayo (between Manta and Puerto Lopez). We both felt like we need a bit a daily routine and time to process all the impressions and experiences of the last months. The workload will be not to hard so we have time to explore the region and make plans for the rest of Ecuador and which country comes next.
    Read more