Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Act III scene 3 - Krems & Gottweig Abbey

    July 13, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 73 °F

    The beauty of river cruising was readily evident to Boxer on day 3 as we travelled through numerous locks while we slept. The process is interesting and educational the first time through, but…
    As the early risers witnessed, we entered the Wacau Valley with a mixture of buildings dating back centuries to a modern age wine producing region with grapes grown on the north and east slopes (mainly.) The villages were small and I am sure that B&B’s are a staple of the towns.
    I can share unequivocally that producing wine while absolving sins is the modus operandi of the Gottweig Abbey. Seriously they produce apricot wines (and jam)…tasty.
    Boxer enjoyed a mid afternoon walk to the city of Krems to visit der Kremser Stadtpark...he is convinced that parks and gardens tells one much about the culture and more revealing the folks who live there.
    The daily bread this evening was a taste of Bavaria… Boxer’s plate doesn’t do justice to the amount of sausage, kraut and veal he consumed. It wasn’t quite to the level of the ‘Genghis Khan’ at the Sapporo Brewery but close.
    Read more