Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 141

    Finally!

    February 14, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Today was our last day working for Alan and Dot!😍
    Yes, we finally made it!
    We didn't do really much today. I painted again the shop and picked strawberries in between and Tim needed to bring Block four (strawberries used to grow there) down.
    At 4 o'clock we were done!

    We were so lucky about it. But now we need to do other things, like washing, cleaning, packing etc. And of course getting a new tyre 😄

    At seven we met the chech couple at the campground to do our last BBQ together. We had some Hoki fish with baked potatoes. The French/Canadian couple, I didn't tell something about them before, did join us. They are really nice persons and had spend the last two years living in Australia. Now they want to travel New Zealand before he will study and she will work in Canada.

    We had a lot of fun, like everytime we met!👌😍

    Jacob and Andrea did remember more german words they have learned in the Chech Republic. And the French guy did know the German word 'Kartoffel' for Potato! 😄 Jacob sang again a german song, something about 'ring ring das Telefon ringt' 😂

    Andrea had made some really good Tiramisu with kiwifruit and banana. Jacob doesn't like Banana. So she did a part for him without it. He is very special about what he likes to eat and what not. Like fresh fruit and vegetables are okay (not everything) but almost nothing cooked.

    We are thinking about to meet this guys again on the south Island, because their ferry will go on Saturday and we probably will stay on the north island for one more month.

    Tomorrow we don't need to get up early! Yes!
    Read more