Satellite
  • Day 123

    Barbie with the pickers

    January 27, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Like every day the alarm rings at 7:20 and both of us were tired as f*uck. The bed is never as cozy as it is in the morning and that makes it even harder to leave the warm bed and go outside in the cold morning.
    I did the same thing like every morning and Tim needed to cut tomatoes and Capsicums and after that he needed to tide up the raspberry plants.
    I was packing so much stuff for the shop and for tomorrow, cause Dot will go to a big weekly market to sell their food. I packed apricots, nectarines, capsicum, tomatoes, corn, kiwifruit, onions and cabbage. It always takes so much time!

    The strawberry season is almost over and the amount of strawberries is everyday less than the day before. But Alan and Dot want as much strawberries a possible to sell. 🍓

    Also The raspberry season is almost one week over and people are still asking me why we do not sell raspberries (I don't know if they do not listen or are just stupid, it is so annoying sometimes when ten people are asking me the same question in one hour).

    In one or two weeks the blueberry season will start here on the farm. 🍃

    We do not know how long we will be here, but I think something around one or two weeks. Because time flies. 🕗

    After work we had a hot shower and drove to New World to get some meat, becaaaause we will have BBQ with the other pickers. But as the bad luck comes as it comes, our tyre was flat after we finished grocery shopping. Wow, that means we need to buy another tyre. Again! But as bad luck comes with good luck, a man was asking us if we need help and we lucky said yes. He had all the good stuff in his car to change a tyre. We also had ask Jacob, another picker, if he can help us, cause the screws from the tyre didn't move.

    It is so amazing everytime something happens to us, how fast the Kiwis want to help and they don't want anything! It is normal for them, crazy! In Germany nearly nobody would help, they would look away like they haven't seen you.

    However, the tyre was changed fast, we said thank you like 20 times to Jacob and the man. Thanks Kiwi man and Jacob! 😁🤗

    After that we drove to the campground where the other ones were. And now I want to let you know more about them. First of all, I am the youngest of us six. Furthermore they find it funny that I am still a "teenager" 😂 but not long anymore!

    Manon is just a few months older than me, she is ginger eminem and funny as hell. She sometimes doesn't get it and she plays like she does 😂 I love her for that, makes me laugh every time! She is French and will be leaving New Zealand in February 🙁 She will go to Laos or Thailand with her boyfriend.

    Jacob and Andrea are a chech couple. They are so nice and can speak a little bit german. Thats so funny😁 Jacobs sings always the song "1,2 Polizei..." And Andrea told us that for her English and German are on the same basis. She sometimes understands Tim and me. He is 25 and she is 21. Both of them are working here over two months! They want to go to Australia next year to study there and therefore they need a lot of money, cause it is expensive there! They told us that the chech word for Flip Flops is 'vietnamschae' (I don't know how to write it 😂). Sooo funny!

    The last one in our 'group' is Maria. She is also from Germany. Alan and Dot always say Marie to her, I don't know why, maybe it's shorter for them to say. She is he oldest of us six and will leave the farm on Sunday. She will go to Wellington to visit the Guns and Roses Concert! She is so nice and does soo delicious pizza bread!

    All in all are we a good group for now and the evening was so good! Andrea had made a very good dip and Salat! Jacob had made perfect potato slices for the dip! Manon has done very great meatballs (like my mum does 😍) and Maria did also very good salats! And of course the pizza bread!

    The boys had cooked the meat for us on the BBQ grill and the kebab meat, Tim and I bought, was so good! It was the best food we had in a long time! Moreover they had bought some barcadi and did a nice drink out of it!
    It was such an awesome evening with great people, good laughs and perfect food!
    Again please! 😄
    Read more