Satellite
  • Day 159

    Family trip around Ninh Binh

    August 16, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    A family meeting, even far away from home, makes you realise that certain things never change !
    Just like when I was a child, I still cannot make the difference between my Mum and Dad (so I created a nickname to solve the problem : "Mum-Dad"/ "le Papamaman").
    Just like when I was a teenager, my father always goes into long political speeches (this time mostly related to the colonial history).
    Just like always, I feel very relaxed and tired when I meet them and... I need to sleep a lot ! This time was especially true after our strenuous trip with Laetitia in Laos and the long bus-ride.

    Anyway, this did not prevent us from enjoying 2 days of excursion : we visited the 11th century capital of Hoa Lu, did a boat trip in the swamp of Trang An, where we saw a family of Langurs climbing and jumping onto cliffs (these monkeys are a local endangered species, less than a hundred are left in the world !), and did a hike in the national park of Cuc Phuong, among thousand years old trees and thick jungle vegetation...

    I was so tired that I missed a cycling trip in the cute little town of Tam Coc. Or maybe deep inside, my body-mind complex (to use some Buddhist vocabulary) did not want to hear about cycling anymore... So that afternoon, I slept like a log, while my parents and our guide Anh tasted the joy of cycling in the monsoon. Marvelous !
    Read more