Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    All Around Ubud

    June 19, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    Today was a much more relaxing start than yesterday! We were able to sleep in a little later and had a slow start. James and Heidi were up and ready to go so they headed out to a coffee shop while Mom, Dad, Maddy, and Emily slept in. Once everyone was up we headed out to breakfast at a place with crepes! They were delicious and then we headed to our first stop of the day: Monkey Forest! Emily still wasn’t feeling 100%, so Mom and Emily got Grab scooters to go to Monkey Forest, while Maddy, James, Heidi, and Dad walked. We saw SO many monkeys, and even got a selfie with a monkey!

    From Monkey Forest we headed to Tegalalong Rice Terraces - or so we thought. Our grab ended up dropping us off at Uma Ceking - another rice Terrace in the Tegalalong Area. We first grabbed some lunch and then explored the rice terraces. We had a lot of fun with the different levels, and Maddy got to do a Bali Swing in a beautiful pink dress!

    We got a Grab back to our Villa, and Emily still wasn’t feeling well, so Emily and Mom headed to a doctor, while James and Maddy did a Campuhan Ridge Walk, and Heidi and Dad chilled. The Doctor gave Emily some cream antibiotics on her hands and feet and prescribed anti nausea and anti inflammatory meds. He wants to run some tests to see if it’s an infection and we will know tomorrow. James and Maddy enjoyed their hike!

    We all met up down at the markets, and enjoyed some gelato before dinner. During dinner we got to see some beautiful Balinese dances! We headed back to our Villa to wrap up the evening and get ready to head to our new locations tomorrow: James and Heidi - northern Bali, Mom, Dad, Emily, and Maddy: Seminyak.
    Read more