Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Beach and Tanah Lot

    June 21, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 82 °F

    Today was our first full day in Seminyak. The day started a little slowly, but by 10 we were on our way to Tanah Lot . We had our same driver from yesterday, named Gede (no, not all our drivers are named Gede, it just seems that way.). Traffic was really rough, so many cars, a few big busses (way too big for the narrow streets of Bali), and a bazillion scooters, and practically no stop lights.

    We finally made it to Tanah Lot and were able to observe several beautiful temples, but since the tide was high we couldn’t walk out to the temple and since we are not Hindu we are not allowed in the Temples proper. We had a nice lunch overlooking the temples and the Indian Ocean, and then headed back into the traffic. When we got back to our AirBnB we chilled for a while and planned tomorrow and things to do in our next stop, Cairns, Australia. Maddy and Dad took Grab scooter rides and Emily and Mom walked to the beach where we had dinner and watched the sunset. The sunset was beautiful and the daiquiris were delicious, but our waiter who was brand new struggled getting our order correct. Dinner still tasted good.

    Tonight will be an early night as tomorrow is an early morning with surfing lessons at 7:00 am. We are looking forward to it, but if there is no post tomorrow you will know we didn’t make it ha ha.
    Read more