Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Travel Day! Bali -> Australia

    June 23, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Travel Day! Today we woke up in Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia and are going to sleep in North Cairns, Queensland, Australia! We began our day with a slow morning packing and then were picked up by our buddy Gede at 8:45 to head to the airport. We made it to the airport by 9:30, and then began working our way through security, checking bags, security, then immigration. We enjoyed an early lunch/late breakfast before our flight at 11:50 - that ended up being closer to 12:50.

    There was some turbulence on the flight, but overall pretty smooth. We flew Jetstar which didn’t have a ton of space for us long-legged people. Once we landed in Australia we headed through immigration (The immigration gentleman wished Emily a happy birthday after he saw she was coming to Cairns over her birthday!) and collected our bags. We were questioned about where we had been in Bali due to a African swine fever disease that is affecting livestock in Bali that they are trying to prevent from coming to Australia.

    We eventually made it through and got an Uber to our AirBnB! It is a super cute AirBnB with a great balcony! Our host even had a bottle of wine for us! We quickly headed down to the esplanade to catch dinner before restaurants closed. We ended up at a place called Courtyard and enjoyed some drinks and tacos and nachos! We wandered a little bit up past the ferris wheel (we may have to ride it at some point!) before heading back to the AirBnB to plan out our next 4 days in Cairns :)
    Read more