Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 24

    Travel Day! Sydney -> Auckland

    3 de julho de 2023, Nova Zelândia ⋅ 🌬 57 °F

    Most of today was spent at the airport or in an airplane! Our flight left at 11 so we got to the airport early and were able to get checked-in and through security fairly easily. This was the busiest airport we had visited and included the longest wait times through security. Once on the plane, despite having babies/small children on both sides of us, the flight went well and we landed in Auckland in no time. But we did lose two more hours due to the timezone. We are now 17 hours ahead of Milwaukee! Crazy!

    After a few hiccups getting off the plane and through all of customs (involving a water bottle and some apples) we finally made it out of the airport! It was super windy and raining pretty hard when we met our Uber, but by the time we got to our apartment, it was merely drizzling. We settled into our apartment on the 30th floor (Dad is not a fan of the floor to ceiling windows and open patio, but Maddy, Emily and Mom love the view), and headed out to dinner. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Shakespeare bar (Auckland’s oldest pub), despite Maddy’s burger coming without a bun, and then relaxed before heading to bed early to be ready for our Hobbiton pickup at 6:30am tomorrow!
    Leia mais