Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Last Day

    July 5, 2023 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌬 57 °F

    Today was our last day! We woke up in beautiful Auckland and packed our bags one last time. We then stowed them in the lock room so we could explore Auckland for the day.

    Our first stop of the day was Devonport. To get to there we needed to take a 7 minute ferry. We purchased our tickets and were off! It was beautiful to be on the Harbour and take in sights of Auckland and surrounding areas. Once we arrived we walked up the Main Street and did some souvenir shopping before hiking up Mt. Victoria - an old, old, volcano. We enjoyed the views from the top, before it started to drizzle and we headed down. We caught another ferry back to downtown.

    We then grabbed some lunch at a place called Taco Medic that claimed to be “a taco oasis where no stress can get to you.” Perfect! We enjoyed lots of nachos and margaritas before heading out again. We continued to window shop on the way to the Auckland Sky Tower.

    The Auckland Sky Tower was 60 floors up with incredible views! We were able to pick out the building that we had been staying in for the last two nights, as well as boats all over the harbor, and stadiums (that we guess will be used for the Women’s FIFA World Cup in a couple weeks!). We even got Dad to come up!

    After enjoying the views we headed to the Sky bar and got some fancy desserts! They were just as delicious as beautiful. We were able to watch some people do the “SkyJump” where they do a “controlled fall” off the tower!

    We then headed back to gather our luggage and catch an Uber to the airport. We made it to the airport in no time, and were immediately in awe that our upgrade (we had put in a bid to the upgrade lottery a week ago, and found out yesterday we got it! We are now all flying Premium Economy home!) got us a special check-in line and area as well as an express lane through customs (In addition to more legroom).

    We are now sitting at our gate and reflecting on all the amazing memories we’ve made this trip :) It has definitely been a trip of a lifetime!
    Read more