Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Versailles France - Glitz and Glamor Day

    June 15, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Thursday, June 15th. We had an amazing breakfast at the Intercontinental. Their buffet was fantastic. We saw Chuck and Ralph at breakfast. We kept seeing this couple all over the hotel and named them Chuck and Ralph. We didn't have tickets but we walked across the street to the Paris Opera and we were able to do a tour. It was so beautiful - and we saw Chuck and Ralph again. We got a lot of beautiful photos. This was our Glitz and Glamor Day. Yesterday was Food and Fashion.

    We took our luggage and caught a cab near the meeting place for the Versailles Tour. We had a drink in a cafe while waiting - of course it was a St Germaine Spritz. We caught the bus for the tour and they stowed our luggage for us.

    We toured the garden and the Chateau and it was wonderful. Amazing rooms and we had about an hour in the gardens. The tour guide did a great job. It was another very warm day and we walked another 6 1/2 miles.

    After the tour, we gathered our luggage and walked to the Hotel de Versailles. My bag was locked and it wouldn't come open. We went downstairs to the desk and the lady gave us a screwdriver and I popped it open! We had to change rooms because our first one wouldn't cool down. It was a very lovely hotel.

    We ate at a restaurant on the little peninsula between the street and Versailles. It was after everyone had left the chateau for the day. It was between the Chateau and the stables. I finished my book Nightingale after dinner.
    Read more