Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 62

    Negotiating the "Big Muddy"

    23 giugno 2023, Stati Uniti ⋅ 🌩️ 55 °F

    Today is Friday, June 23, 2023.
    Both of us picking up negative vibrations from the so-called campground 'host', we upped and we're ready to leave early.
    With soo much rain, with the soil, wherever, absolutely waterlogged, we left Park Circle Camp this morning early - or tried to.
    Enter THE BIG MUDDY ! While pulling into camp two days ago, while driving, I smacked into a massive pothole at about 25 mph, colloquially "The Big Muddy" (according to Forest Ranger),
    Then as we were trying to leave this a.m., the scene replayed itself BUT with a Mercedes camper from CA. STUCK. A Taiwanese couple and a five year-old. Nearby campers piled in and we carried rocks, to fill the hole. They got out with lots of help and covered in mud - or the female component was! Then it was our turn to negotiate The Big Muddy! We planned and steered and I guided, while Connie revved and put her foot down - and front-wheel drive and rugged tires on RAM VAN got us through with flying colours - rocks and mud went flying too! Well done Connie, WELL DONE CHARIOT MAJOR!
    Found another nearby campground. Very wet. Managed to find a dry site. Here for three nights - leave Monday.
    Well, our site was dry until just after noon when the thunderstorm struck. Now, the table, fire grate, the nice dry area for eating outside, etc. looks more like a swimming pool.
    Ooh, the campground host says we could have wifi, "...up and onto the road, turn right, and just before the '50 MPH' sign and sharp corner, there is a pull out. You could get wifi there."
    Leggi altro