Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Lake Atitlán - San Pedro to San Marcos

    February 8, 2023 in Guatemala ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    First thing I the morning ... scorpion in the bed ...

    After checking the internet for toxicity and getting rid of the little fella a slow run was on the schedule ... there was probably some contaminated food, which the stomach doesn't like to much ...

    .... we got a "scooter" from the hostel ... no mirrows, no helmets, no light but one of the breaks did work a bit 😅 ... we mad it to San Marcos, which is a little retreat village for Yohi- hugging-hippies - no disrespect here friends 🤪. The ride was short and after about 10km we walked through the narrow alleys getting spoiled with touristy/hippie/guatemalian souvenirs...what was actually kind of nice ...

    ... really exceptional was the food - fantastic veggie stuff with loads of avocado and unknown stuff in it but taste was fantastic - so were the coffee/chai/cappuccino mixes 😍 ...

    ... ad the scooter didn't want to restart we decided to go for a little concert connecting ourselves to water and mother BUT to be honest the music was good - even though we felt a bit in a kind of Woodstock for pseudo hippies ✌️ ....

    ... back by Tuktuk, got chased by a pack of hounds and forgot that we don't have enough cash to pay the driver...did a transaction to his banc account though the next morning....
    Read more