Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Atitlan - San Pedro-San Juan-Panajachel

    February 9, 2023 in Guatemala ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    ... checking the connection to the next destination in the morning makes own thing clear ... there is non today... after paying our debts to the Tuktuk driver we decided to do a tour to a coffee collective... that was actually pretty nice ... we asked through the coffee plants, learned about the different types they are growing, the procedure of coffee making and the work of the collective....

    ... and since that was so nice we took our chance for a little stroll through San Juan, where we came across a honey bee collective which invited us for another tour 😊 ... after more knowledge and some honey tasting (and some honey for journey) we continued to the colourful markets down to the docks where we got some guatemalian souvenirs and the boat back to San Pedro...

    ... right in time for lunch in an Israeli restaurant... apparently there are quite a lot of Jews in San Pedro ... what adds even more nice food to the already wide possibilities ☺️ ...

    ... and at 4pm a boat to the other side of the lake to Panajachel, where we found ... More Markets and more souvenirs 😅 ... after we are now culturally camouflaged in ponchos we got some cocktails at the lake side and tacos, plátanos, a hot banana drink and a couple of cakes at the street... gratis stories in half Mayan/half Spanish included ...
    Read more