Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1–3

    Day 2

    March 15 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After a rainy night we woke up to weka and tui in the nearby bush. Carlene made us a beautiful eggs bene for breakfast. We sat in our camp chairs with all our warm clothes on as it was a chilly start to the day. We knew it was going to warm up because the sky was blue with no clouds!
    Jude arrived at midday, and we all crammed into her little car and took a drive over to Whakatane. Surprisingly quiet in the township, so we didn't stay long.
    After a lunch of chips, dip, cheese and crackers, the boys got the fishing rods ready and we dragged our chairs, G&T's down to the beach. I went for a swim with Diesel (I was the only one brave enough!), and a friendly black lab called Skye.
    Unfortunately only one very small kahawai which was promptly returned to the water. Was lovely sitting on the beach and watching the sun go down.
    It got very chilly as the sun disappeared below the horizon, so warm clothes were donned and fluffy blankets wrapped around us.
    The guys went fishing in the dark, leaving us ladies behind at the camp site. We had a lovely evening drinking wine, giggling and having in depth chats about scripture and the tribulation. Meanwhile Neil caught a large eel. Both men also managed to catch a couple of smallish mussels which had decided that the bait looked like a good snack!
    Another great evening has with good friends 🧡
    Read more