Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 7: lama!

    October 23, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    We won’t change habits, so punctual around 8 after a very comfortable night in a single room we started the ascent to a monastery. The sights breathtaking, huge mountains, it is just magnificent. Up there we were laying in the grass, enjoying black tea and a snack, surrounded by those big things, the wind chasing the clouds, it couldn’t be better. We then continued on this platform like plaine to the monastery. No one lives up there but monks often come here since it is a pilgrim site. Again they lit a fire for smoke with wacholder and tibetan zeder.
    The way down was cold, the wind blowing in our face. We quickly arrived in Sangaun, where it wasn’t any warmer. Unfortunately there was no oven in the dining room so after again delicious lunch we headed to the village. There was again the Rinpoche at the monastery and no one in the village. Only mules and yaks - and some trekkers. You get to know a bit those people. There is a big german group, some English, one german guy on his own, Russian, Polish - oh and the French. I wonder how he is with his tummy ache. Maybe we see him tomorrow in Sando.
    We walked up to a glacier lake, again beautiful. Back in the lodge we got a basket with a bit of warm water, enough for a whole body clean. What a pleasure. Things get broken down to simplicity. It’s so good for the soul. Then in warm clothes and again with a warm cup in the hand, you cannot wish for more. Lunch was busy with a lot of monastery pupils being there, too. They were from other villages here for the festival. They got food and shelter from the different lodges. It was quite funny watching them. Some got money so they bought Tuna in can, three minutes egg and we think, even some beer. They had a lot of fun doing that. We could while brushing teeth enjoy the mountains enlighted by the almost full moon. Tomorrow off to Sando for two nights!!
    Read more