Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Day 13

    October 29, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    What a day again: Betwee yesterday and today we almost walked 50km. It was long, sometimes very dusty since we walked on the street, but mostly beautiful on the other side of the road, crossing the river again on the suspended bridges. The German group finished their trek approximately after 7km and took the jeep. They past us not far away from here: The road was blocked because of street workers for at least a couple of hours. The German guide told us that the way to Jagat isn’t nice at all, we preferred walking ten times to being stuck in a jeep or on the street for hours in the shadow.
    The way although was long and poor Hans-Peter was really not walking good with pain in both feet. He could have taken a Jeep, too, but he didn’t want to. My knees were hurting when going down with big steps. Since we went up approximately 500m we went down again 1400m all in all. But the pain is ok and if there are not so pseudo-stairways downwards, they don’t hurt. We are staying at a very nice lodge and the food is amazing. There are again bananas! I had a banana lassi when we arrived and a Banana-Chocolate-Pie as a dessert. Heaven!!
    Read more