Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    mountain goats

    May 2, 2019 in Bhutan ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    I am sitting in the dining tent, on my belly my warm drinking bag and listening to the rain falling. What a beautiful day we had, there is just no other description. After a night where we were both hot (I kicked my drinking bottle out of the sleeping bag very quickly) we were woken up with tea. After tea came the warm water for washing, then we packed our stuff and went for breakfast. Our tents were taken care of our team, this is Phub (Thursday, because born on such a day), Nima (either sun and/or born on a Saturday) and Zando. We started to walk at around 8:20 under the already hot sun. It was sunny the whole day, we made good way under trees, rhododendrons amd angel’s hair. Going up and down, the path being rocky but easy to walk on. Our names were now definitely changes from Swiss princess to mountain goats since we were apparently fast. Even if we didn’t hurry and took many breaks for drinking in the scenery and also a lot of water. At the very Swiss time of noon we had lunch. Incredible what they serve us. Then further up until we reached the camp around 2:30, our tents already up and ready for us. Since next to a river we took our biodegradable soap and went for a foot bath. Hach. Very often in needs very little to have a perfect moment. That was one of them. Bathing the toes in the cold water, having big mountains around and the last glimpse of sunshine. Blissful. We had then coffee in the thent we had diner, read some books. I can really be lazy in such moments. Well, it is also after a 21km walk but still. It doesn’t get boring at all. Lilian and me haven’t ran out of topics yet neither, and we just had another laughing episode with tears after diner. It started to rain, it still rains now. I am in my sleeping bag and ready to sleep.
    Ah, we had just a glimpse yet on Jomolhari, it was packed in clouds. Maybe tomorrow.
    Read more