Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Bucharest..Final Stop

    June 25, 2023 in Romania ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Left Constanta in a bus for a 2.5 hour drive to Bucharest. Long day. When we arrive in the Capital City we have lunch and then off on a city tour. Check into the JW MARRIOTT and then a Sights and Flavors of Bucharest dinner at 630p until 10p. Busy last 2 days.

    Lengthy bus ride but well worth it, as we arrived safely in Bucharest. Too many things to describe, but the Palace of the Parliament is truly the biggest building I have ever seen in my life. So impressive. It is now the home to interpole as well as a national museum. And it is apparently only about 30% completed .The National Cathedral is also something to behold as is their monument to their world war I soldiers, and their impersonation of the Arche de Triomphe.
    Back in 1977 they had a 7.6 earthquake that caused a lot of trouble in the city. Their 1989 revolution which got rid of communism and their dictator, Nicole Ceausescu was another constant talking point. He and his wife were killed by a firing squad on December 25th, 1989 the exact same day that they were captured after fleeing the capital.

    The Royal Palace of Charles. The First is the photograph that has the statue of the horse in front of it. The church that is pictured was built in 1599.

    The day was capped off with a tour called, The Sights and Flavors of Bucharest. It ended up being a beautiful evening with stops at three different locations for appetizers, the next place for the main course, and the final place for dessert. I tried to take pictures of all.

    We are already looking forward to our day tomorrow, without a wake up call without a planned tour, just wandering the streets of Bucharest.
    Read more