Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    The intersection of East and West - Turk

    May 11, 2015 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Turkey in this country in my mind is no stranger to the nearest old news is about the HQ-9 air defense missile breach of contract news. There is that it spans two continents, Europe and Asia, in the past Ottoman Empire, only 3% of the land in Europe, but since that is the European countries.
    A friend organized the 10-day tour of Turkey, have relatively deep understanding of the country. For its history, its natural landscape has been cursory level of understanding.
    Goreme Open Air Museum is Turkey's world cultural heritage, is the basis of buildings constructed on the natural landscape, including caves churches, chapels and monasteries. There are more than thirty large and small number of different characteristics of cave churches. The church initially by migrating to escape political persecution of Christians in the repair of Cappadocia, the Internet has said that because of the persecution of Islam, I also found some information that should be more early, persecuted the time of the Roman Empire between about AD two hundred to four hundred years. There are three stages of the church year, up to several centuries. Inside the cave bears variegated fresco, absolutely fabulous.
    Read more