Satellite
  • Day 20

    Another afternoon shopping

    August 25, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Just when I thought it was safe I got dragged shopping again.

    We bought the last few things that Eva simply had to have. A couple of pairs of shoes, some jeans and a couple of other must have items.

    We then went back to The Standard Hotel and Eva went for a bit of a lay down after such a hectic expedition. I went and packed hoping that all of Fiona's clothes that she had bought and sent to the hotel would fit in my suitcase.

    Eva was still resting so I popped down the German Keller and cashed in my last free beer tokens on a couple of beers whilst talking to a guy called Tommy from Brooklyn about the area and how it had changed from being fairly run down to what is now one the trendiest parts of Manhattan, especially with google opening up their office there a couple of blocks away.

    When Eva surfaced we went for something to eat at Omai which is an excellent, small Vietnamese restaurant a couple of blocks away...and very reasonable at $50 for the two of us.

    Bedtime was relatively early on our last night before our Virgin Atlantic flights back to good old Blighty...I think we were partied out!
    Read more