Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 1–3

    Day 1 & 2 - Madeira

    12 maj, Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After a long travel day Saturday, overnight to Sunday, we arrived in Madeira at about 2pm local time. Our AirBnB is a great little bachelor suite with a beautiful view. We picked up some breakfast, lunch & beverage supplies, then visited a nearby public pool. We then found a local restaurant and had a delicious supper of Mussels, Madeira bread, Risotto and the catch of the day, Lobster fish (tastes like lobster and had a great Herby butter sauce to dip in)!

    Day 2 we had transportation planned ahead for the Pico do Areeiro to Pico Ruivo hike. We used Pico Transfers, and were picked up/dropped off right at our door. This is an extremely popular and beautiful hike between two of the highest peaks on the island. It can be sunny in the city, but cloudy in the mountains, and vice versa. Fortunately, we caught a day where the visibility in the mountains was superb. Conditions were completely optimal, with rain coming tomorrow so we had the perfect day. There was some congestion on the trail as you can enter from either end, and it's a very popular sunrise hike. The hike was about 10km, 550m elevation gain. Another supper in the neighborhood tonight (delicious octopus and francesinha) and nightcap before hitting the hay! Looking forward to exploring Funchal tomorrow.

    The photos are a view from the hike, our Airbnb in Sao Martinho, and the local pool (Ponta Gorda)
    Läs mer