Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Tatamagouche

    August 23, 2022 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    Today we traveled from Pictou to Charlottetown PEI. There was a ferry fire a few weeks ago that put one of the ferries out of commission. We heard from a couple of B&B hosts that the wait times for a ferry were really long. Last night's host convinced is that driving was the far better option. It wasn't hard to convince Gerard to drive for an extra hour or two.
    We left Pictou at about 9, we didn't stay to look around and were on the road a little earlier than usual.
    Drive by a couple of places/shops that we thought might be interesting but nothing was open until noon. The Caldera whiskey factory was on the road we took we decided to go check it out but it was closed until 11. We wanted to stop there because Gerard and Bryce each got a bottle of this whiskey the last time we were here. The bottle says batch number 1. It would have been cool to check out but the distillery was in the middle of nowhere and there was nothing to fill our time so onward we went.
    Next stop was Tatamagouche, another recommendation by last night's host. The recommendation was to have lunch there but we were still having the problem of leaving too early and nothing being open. However, we found a museum that was pretty cool. It seemed to me that they took all the mutations in this town and combined them. It was in an old creamery so there was lots old creamm/butter making equipment. My favourite thing was the Boiler Bob who lives behind the shifted boiler. It was hallogram/video thing and was pretty cool.
    As we were leaving we spent some time talking with the young lady at the reception desk who said she was born in Saskatchewan. She wrote a book and I had to buy it. After our visit to the museum the restaurant was open, we had lunch and we were off to Charlottetown.
    Read more