Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Friday May 19 - Saturday May 20

    May 21, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    We left Vancouver airport at 8:55 pm for an overnight flight to London Heathrow. It was our first time on an Airbus A380 double deck aircraft and the flight was smooth sailing right up until landing time when we hit a small bit of turbulence. There was a little girl sitting across from us and every time the plane bounced or dipped she squealed with laughter like it was a roller coaster ride. It was the cutest thing even though we didn't think it was quite so much fun!

    Heathrow is always such a joy to go through (read that with sarcasm) and this time was no different. It took well over an hour to get deplaned, get on the bus from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5, get through security and customs and get to our gate. Thankfully we had a 3.5 hour stopover. The flight was delayed about 20 minutes so we got into Dublin a little late but were greeted with a rain shower and a double rainbow. Welcome to Ireland!! We took the Aircoach directly to our hotel, the Clayton Hotel in Ballsbridge. We had a quick bite to eat and then turned in for the night as we have a very early morning tomorrow.
    Read more