Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 2

    Puerto Natales

    3. huhtikuuta 2016, Chile ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Time to gear up for our trek! Started the day with a tasty complimentary breakfast which is always a great chance to talk to other travellers. We headed out to explore town and pick up supplies. Puerto Natales is a small town in the middle of nowhere that thrives because of tourism to Torres del Paine. The first thing we noticed about the city was the stray dog population. It is amazing how well behaved and cute they all are. There were a couple that we wanted to take home. The town is dotted with colourful homes and the majority of activity surrounds the main square. It was mainly mom & pop shops that had the most random assortment of merchandise from camping gear, musical instruments, furniture, and vintage clothing.

    At 3pm, we headed to the Base Camp bar for an info talk on trekking in Torres del Paine. It reiterated most of what we knew but there were a few gems of knowledge that we gleamed from the talk.

    During the evening, we decided to explore the town. We walked along the waterfront at sunset and saw views of the fjords in the distance. Followed was a search for a recommended craft brewery that we could not seem to locate so ended up in a cafeteria/tourist shop that had wonderful empanadas.

    Early to bed to rest up for our next 8 days of trekking!
    Lue lisää