Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Sydney

    June 25, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    It was a cold windy morning but we had to drag ourselves out of bed for an early 8am surfing lesson which we weren't looking forward to because of the weather. Luckily, the water felt like a bathtub compared to the air so it wasn't that bad. The rip current on the other hand was super strong and we kept getting washed down the beach and doing a big sushi circle. It was definitely the most challenging conditions yet. After 3 lessons we were regularly standing up in the whitewash and working on paddling in. There is definitely going to be more surfing on this trip.

    After a little planning session we threw in some laundry and headed for a coffee at Lox Stock & Barrel. We popped back to the house to hang the laundry and then headed to the Bondi to Coogee walk which heads south from Bondi Beach. This walk as very popular. It follows the rocky coast past several public beaches. Each beach has it’s own surf club. Surfing and beach swimming is very popular here. Surprisingly, I didn’t see any volleyball in Australia which I thought would have been popular. We stopped along the way to watch surfers and finished up at the Coogee Beach where found a good fish and chip place for a quick bite.

    After a bus ride home we packed for the next 2 weeks. We had planned a little mini vacation and had decided to leave half our luggage behind in Sydney so we could travel lighter.
    Read more