Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 126

    Seminyak, Bali

    August 5, 2016 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    It’s time for a vacation within a vacation. All that driving in Australia really wore us out so we decided to head to Bali for a week and relax. We stayed at Sinar Bali in Seminyak and signed up for a 5 day surf lessons which was our originally reason for picking the location. They have amazingly consistent beginner waves. Bali was great! Our days consisted of breakfast, morning surf lesson, local lunch, relax by the pool, massage (only $6 for a hour), wander the shops and venders, dinner, drinks capped with a late night gelato and repeat.

    It was quite enjoyable to get a little structure to our day from the surf lessons. We both improved a lot, I was paddling into some decent waves by the end of the week. It’s such a good workout I wish we had it back in Toronto.

    We did a day trip to Ubud for a biking excursion through rice fields. On route to Ubud we stopped at a crater lake for some pictures followed by a coffee plantation for some sampling. This place specialized in cat poop coffee!! They had Kopi Luwak on site digesting the beans. The bike ride was pleasant and leisurely.

    The only stressful bit of this week was trying to get back to the airport. Our cab didn’t show up. After waiting for the next one we sat in traffic for 2hrs to make a 15 minute drive and just barely made our flight. Whew!
    Read more