Satellite
  • Day 497

    Otavalo

    May 10, 2021 in Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Once again a memorable moment on my trip through Latinoamerica. More and more I start to question this application. I took so many beautiful photos in Otavalo but I’m limited to 6 photos and one video. Nevertheless let’s share a little story.

    When I arrived in Otavalo I went straight to the hostel Flying Donkey. The owner of the hostel told me there are two French people in the first floor. If I am interested in some Lagunas, I shall ask the guys if I can join their trip tomorrow.
    In the kitchen area I encountered Clément from Paris. I right away asked him about his plans for tomorrow. He told me that he met another Frenchman just here in this Hostel. To make life easier for me the other guy had the same name, Clément from the Normandy, close to Mont Saint-Michel. Both Clément’s wanted to visit the Lagunas del Mojanda and hike to the peak Fuya Fuya.

    We got up early on the next day, after some bananas and a coffee we took the taxi to the Lagunas. In 3 hours we hiked up Fuya Fuya and then back to the Laguna. After we returned to Otavalo we ate some lunch and decided to visit another famous Laguna called Cuicocha. We took a bus to a small village and from there a taxi to the Laguna, spent half an hour there and returned to a village where we entered a bus to another village and after a short walk there a final bus to Otavalo.

    On the next day the Clément’s were already gone, I decided to go to Tulcan but there was still a nice waterfall to visit in Otavalo. So I walked to the waterfall took a bazillion photos and returned to the city center where I grabbed my stuff and headed towards the main street to catch a bus to Tulcan.
    Read more