Satellite
  • Day 658

    Puebla

    October 18, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    All right everyone two three, ok maybe there is even four of you who read my travel blog.

    Where to start, as usual I took a bus from Oaxaca to Puebla, this time it was all big smooth Highway so I pretty much fell asleep on this journey.

    Once I arrived in the huge city of Puebla I tried to catch a bus to the hostel, but Sunday fun day… I waited for Ruta 20 for maybe 20 minutes before I decided to walk to another street and wait for a micro towards the center.
    Once I arrived in my hostel I met a British, Israeli and Italian guy. We were all motivated to do something together. One night Ezequiel, the Israeli invited us to visit some local friends of him so we had a nice evening where a Pueblitan couple showed a bar with strong but delicious liquors followed by some very special street food and ending the evident with tee and a self made ice cream sandwich in their home.

    Another day I convinced Ezequiel to visit the neighbor town Cholula which was actually a nice train ride to the outskirts of Puebla.

    I tired the local food called Chile en Nogada, usually a seasonal dish but I was lucky to find an overpriced restaurant which served it through the whole year.

    Puebla is certainly a beautiful place to spend some days, discovering the huge cathedral at night, walking thorough the Alley of the frogs, the artist quarter ending up at a he viewpoint La mantarraya.
    Read more