Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Idyllic Koh Kahm

    April 17 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We walked up to the beautiful Ao Soun Yai beach this morning. Unlike our side of the island, this beach is spotless, no sign of any rubbish at all.

    After a refreshing iced cappuccino in Pineapple Dessert café, we bought the 350THB ticket for the 5 minute boat ride to Koh Kham. What a beautiful place, you can always tell when a place takes your breath away because you can't stop taking photos! Soft pure white sand, palm trees, a white sandy spit reaching out into the sea, crystal clear waters... of course, the water is as warm as bathwater here in Thailand.

    We snorkelled for quite some time, some lovely fish and bright coral. We even came across an extremely friendly black and white Nemo fish who seemed to enjoy being around us. Dave managed to capture him on video on my new phone - used for the first time underwater!

    There's an abandoned resort on the tiny island, apparently 80% complete and then development was halted by the authorities. You can go inside, see all the electric cables hanging down etc. It would have been an absolutely stunning setting. It reminded me of a modern-day Angkor Wat in that nature was gradually taking over the buildings.

    We've found the hotel we'll stay in next time - Seavana on Ao Soun Yai. We had a few beers there after Koh Kham, stunning, idyllic!

    They say things come in threes... we should have known... Dave lost his camino bracelet on the bike ride on Sunday, he left his shirt over the hotel sunbed yesterday and it has now vanished, and I have lost my new (unused!) Galaxy earbuds. They were in my bumbag, and now they're not. May have lost them today or maybe yesterday 😪
    Read more