Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    From Malaysia to Turkey

    September 30, 2023 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Slept fairly well, certainly more comfortably than in economy.

    7 1/2 flight getting into Kuala Lumpur airport at 5.30am local time.
    Found a coffee and cuppa tea then waited to board at 8.50am.
    The airport is smaller than we thought.

    Flew 10 1/2 hours to Istanbul, again in business class and soo good to be able to sleep. Turkish Airlines much better than Malaysian. The chef actually took your meal order and your seat/pod more modern, maybe a bit bigger. Watched a couple of movies.

    Into Istanbul for 4 1/2 hours, we waited in the business lounge and had good Turkish snacks. They love their handmade lemonade with mint...and so do we.

    Then back on plane for 1 1/2 hours. I was knackered by then and apparently slept the whole way not woken for a meal even. When they announced we were descending I thought we were staying going up, I was very confused for a tick.

    Got through customs easily, baggage arrived with us thank goodness.
    I had already booked a ride into Bucharest so met Stefan and he drove us to our hotel. He was a lovely bloke.
    Into the Moxy Bucharest Old Town hotel at around 10pm.
    A full on rave was just starting and we both wondered what we'd stumbled into. For some reason, the room I booked wasn't available so they put us in another one, which was thankfully away from the super- doofing music.

    Shower and fell into bed.
    Read more