Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 92

    Leyburn

    August 24, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Bank holiday weekend and weather cooling down. Arrived at Lower Wensleydale Caravan and motorhome site and chose a pitch at high level. The site is located in an old quarry and had been described to us as quirky. We loved it, especially enjoying the wildlife wandering around - loads of ducks, rabbits and even a peacock.
    Visited Leyburn Market on Friday and walked up The Shawl [a 2 mile stretch along a limestone ridge] to see the views from the top. Beautiful scenery even with the rain squalls running through.
    Visited Richmond on Saturday to meet Karen's family and had a look round the Castle prior to their arrival. The 12 mile drive from Leyburn to Richmond was truly stunning, with the most beautiful countryside on both sides. Richmond was not too busy, so we managed to park Hazel with no trouble at all. Everyone appeared to be visiting the Wensleydale show at Leyburn instead of the weekly market at Richmond.
    Nice lunch in Grandma's Kitchen then back to Leyburn for an evening meal in the sunshine with us all.
    Redcar on Sunday morning to help with some high level pruning in Margaret and Don's garden. We have told Don that he must not climb on garage roofs to prune shrubs now that he is 87 years old!!!!
    Read more