Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 230

    Lamington Tropical Rainforest Resort

    January 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    A couple of days with all the family in this beautiful resort high in the hills behind the Gold Coast.. The drive up the valley to it is spectacular through rich pasture and forest. Kirsty spotted a couple of wallabies, one with a joey in pouch.on the hill side.
    This location is behind the Gold Coast in the area where they film I Am A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. One of the Lamington staff was preparing to leave for the day to assist with the German show which was commencing that day. (the Australian version is filmed in South Africa in the Drakensburgs)
    We enjoyed an animal contact talk with magpie, owl, sugar gliders and a carpet python and then took the short tree top walk where you can look inside a strangler vine and walk across the top of the forest canopy. We spotted a little Pandemelon hopping around in the bush. The children, young and old, enjoyed feeding the colourful birds,
    In the afternoon we then took a walk through the forest to a look out point - Python Rock. The scenery was beautiful with mile upon miles of forestation rolling across the mountains.
    Great family meal (Pasta by Emily) in the house we had rented {Bower} the first night then a lovely meal in the resort restaurant the following evening.
    We enjoyed the hot tubs and the magnificent views from the Bower and the infinity pool. A heat haze prevented the taking of great photos.
    Jemima particularly enjoyed the hot tub with Granny Mac
    Read more