Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 280

    Brisbane

    February 28, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    After a brilliant trip to South Island New Zealand we have returned to Brisbane . The Canterbury Crusaders rugby union team were on the flight as they are playing one of their Super 15 games against the Brisbane Reds this weekend. There were some very big men on the flight. Jamie met us at the airport. It was good to see him, Renee and the girls again.
    We have spent a week and a bit in Brisbane performing two main functions. The first being Granny and Grandpa to our two beautiful grand daughters. Renee and Jamie took the opportunity of our presence to book a restful Spa trip to a retreat in Bali for a few days. Schools runs and after school entertainment has been the routine, although Sammy was off School for three days due to a mild case of chicken pox (they vaccinate here which has obviously reduced the impact.) The other activity was to collect our new camping gear from the manufacturer which we did on Monday 4th. Since then we have been finishing buying the various other bits necessary and preparing ourselves for a trip northwards along the coast starting on Monday.
    To summarise the week
    Crusaders beat the Reds.
    Great BBQ at home by J and R
    We entertained Renee's parents on Sunday - nice afternoon.
    Lots of games with Sophie and Samantha. (Granny is getting good at dodge ball.) Some Snakes and Ladders games can last for an eternity, high fives, etc etc)
    Excitement with new camping gear and planning the next part of the trip.
    School run, trip to doctors.
    Home made Sushi - well done girls and we honestly thought it would be impossible to eat that much.
    Trips to shopping outlets (bought the obligatory fishing rods to complete camping equipment)
    Gymnastics club for Sophie and swimming for Samantha
    Friday "At Home" film night we watched "Gnome Alone" surely the product of a deranged mind.
    Trip to Flipout (trampoline warehouse.)
    Walk along the promenade at Sandgate, Fish and chips at Dougs (excellent.)
    Trip to a new BMX cycle track -brilliant facility for cyclists, scooters and skateboards - Sophie greatly enjoyed the tracks, Samantha ran along beside.
    Read more