Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 650

    Brisbane

    March 4, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    A long drive back to Brizzie to introduce ourselves to Summer Charlie Maclean, who was born this morning at 12:04 am.
    Congratulations to Renee and Jamie, Sophie and Samantha.
    After dropping our gear off at Eatons Hill we made our way to the Royal Brisbane Hospital to meet our new family member.
    A very healthy weight at 9lbs, we got to meet her at 15 hours old. Summer was very contented with a thick mat of black hair. Blood tests showed a slight infection within Summer, so mum and daughter were kept on ward for 48 hours whilst things settled.
    We looked after Sophie for the evening then revisited hospital the following day for a further cuddle of our new granddaughter. We picked up both girls in the afternoon after school whilst Jamie was at the hospital with Renee and Summer. The good news was that Summer would be coming home on Friday morning, so we made plans to give the family space at home by booking into sites in nearby Redcliffe and Scarborough for 10 days. We want to be close enough that we can pop along to see them all, but then be able to come away back to our own base.
    Read more