Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 842

    St Agnes

    September 12, 2020 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We walked to Perranporth along the coastal path from St Agnes. One of our longer walks taking in the newsagents in the village on the way.
    The first part of the walk took us via Trevaunance Cove, a beautiful little spot with a beach at low tide. This was followed by a big climb up and over the Blue Hills into Blue Hills Valley before climbing once again to the high ground, to pass via Cigga head and Shag Rock, before dropping down into Perranporth.
    We found a quiet cafe and enjoyed a cream tea which we enjoyed the Devon way (cream beneath jam) much more manageable. We had promised ourselves a cream tea whilst here, ans as we only have 5 days left before heading back into Devon we reasoned today was a good day to do it - especially we were planning on walking 12 miles over the course of the day, which hopefully would work off some of the calories!!!! We found a seat by the beach and read the paper for an hour prior to returing along the coast path from where we came. We walked up the Blue Hills Valley, which saved a second arduous climb and descent in what turned out to be one of our longer walks.
    Read more