Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 960

    Mosterton

    8. januar 2021, England ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    We had booked the small car in for a service at Halfords in Yeovil - we had booked it in for 8:00am so that it would be seen to first thing. Everthing is obviously shut, so we took our breakfast with us aiming to have a walk through the country park on the south east of the town. First stop after dropping the car off was an Aldi supermarket - just as we entered we received a couple of pictures on our phone from Jamie in Brisbane. The authorities there had discovered a Covid case there taking the community total in the city up to 1 which prompted the authorities to declare an immediate 72 hour lock down. The result was that all the food shops were immediately stripped bare by panicking shoppers - the photo's Jamie sent us were of the empty shelves - literally nothing to be seen on anyone of them, poor Renee had to queue for 70 minutes to get Summer her milk formula. The shelves in Aldi were quite a contrast - absolutely bursting, so we sent a photo back to show them how we are all coping.
    We wandered through the country park stepping gingerly on very frozen ground and found the pathway to the nine springs which took us up through the Victorian Valley Gardens - all very pretty with ice covering the lower pool.
    Car serviced by 10:30 - we returned in the cold mist to base for a lazy afternoon - Karen sewing and Alan with head in book.
    Læs mere